Careers at Motability
Training and development is available at all levels of the organisation and we encourage our people to work towards their goals.
We’re pleased that you’re considering becoming part of Motability.
We are a national charity, supporting disabled people and their families with life-changing solutions to enable them to get around or drive independently, something which many people take for granted.
Motability believes that everyone has the right to personal freedom and independence. If you share our beliefs and values then we’re sure you’ll enjoy becoming part of our organisation.
We employ around 120 people across the following areas:
- Charitable Grants for Scheme Customers
- Driving Assessors and Customer Solutions
- Customer Support
- Analysis and Planning
- Human Resources
The Motability Scheme delivered its first vehicles to customers in July 1978 and since then over four and a half million cars, scooters and powered wheelchairs have been provided to help disabled people with their mobility needs. Having easy access to a safe, reliable and affordable vehicle gives disabled people the freedom to do many everyday things like going to work, school or college, attend medical appointments, or go shopping.
Investor in People
We are an Investor in People, with the Gold Status award. Being an Investor In People, we commit to:
- Leading and inspiring people
- Living our values
- Empowering and involving people
- Managing performance
- Recognising and rewarding high performance
- Structuring work
- Building capability
- Delivering continuous improvement
- Creating sustainable success.
Our office is based in Harlow, Essex, with free parking and easy access transport links from London, Cambridge and surrounding areas.
Our values are:
• We work together to enhance the lives of disabled people.
• We show empathy and respect to everyone.
• We value the expertise of those we work with.
• We are friendly, honest and approachable.
• We encourage a culture of continuous improvement.
Motability is committed to ensuring that all staff enjoy equality of opportunity and are not disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justified.
I value working for an organisation where people (staff and customers) are treated with respect and empathy. The office environment is great and I like the fact that we live by our values, rather than just talk about them. It is a great place to work.