Recruitment at Motability is a two-way process; it’s not just about us deciding if you’re right for the role, it’s also a chance for you to decide if this is the right move for you. We are committed to interviewing all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria.
The Recruitment Process
When you find a vacancy (see our current vacancies ) that interests you and matches your skills:
- Apply, using our online application form. Your application will be judged solely on merit, irrespective of ethnic or national origin, race, age, colour, gender, gender reassignment, trade union activity, marital status, religious belief or sexual orientation.
- If we think we’d be a good match, we’ll arrange an interview with you. If you require any adjustments or support to be able to attend an interview please let us know by contacting our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.orgOpens email client or by telephoning them on 01279 632110. Download directions to Motability Will download a resource(PDF 114KB) .
- Perfect for each other? Once you start your new role with us, as part of your induction programme we will invite you to attend disability confidence training and meetings with all of the other departments within Motability, to help you understand what we all do and how we work together.
Role: Data Analyst
Closing date: 5 April 2019
Description: The main purpose of this role is to provide timely and accurate Management Information (MI) support and direction to facilitate the efficient running of the department. You will also develop analysis and recommendations that will directly influence commercial decisions and business strategy. You will be responsible for undertaking analysis and impact assessments of proposed changes to funding processes, the management of CRM dashboards, and feeding MI and analysis into projects. You will also devise and analyse MI reports to identify ways to improve customer proposition, policies and processes.
Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Excel skills and Dynamics CRM reporting experience are essential. You will need to have the ability to interpret, enhance and optimise legacy MI reporting conducted via multiple Excel spreadsheets. You should be able to understand, create and enhance CRM reports, including advanced finds and dashboard functionality.
You must be a team player with a positive attitude and demonstrate an innovative approach to problem solving. A strong attention to detail is also essential, as is the ability to communicate analysis findings that are relevant and appropriate to the audience.
Download the job description and online application pack using the links below:
Please send your completed application to email@example.com Opens email client
Find out more about Careers at Motability
Investor in People - Gold Award Level
Motability is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, attaining the Gold Standard from Investors in People award. The Investors in People accreditation is a sign of excellence, a great employer and an outperforming place to work.
Find out more about Careers at Motability , Our Culture and download what we can offer employees Will download a resource(PDF 347KB)
Disability Confident Employer
Motability has been awarded Disability Confident Employer status.
We were reviewed against the following areas:
• Getting the right people for our business
• Keeping and developing our people.
This means we have agreed to continue to:
• Actively look to attract and recruit disabled people:
o provide a full, inclusive and accessibility recruitment process,
o offer an interview for disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job,
o be flexible when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job,
o proactively offer and make reasonable adjustments as required,
o encourage our suppliers and partner firms to be Disability Confident,
o ensure employees have appropriate disability equality awareness.
• Keep and develop employees:
o promote a culture of being Disability Confident,
o support employees to manage their disabilities and health conditions,
o ensure there are no barriers to development and progression,
o ensure managers are aware of how they can support staff who are sick or absent from work,
o value and listen to feedback from staff,
o regularly review the Disability Confident self-assessment.