Are you eligible for a Charitable Grant?
Our funding is limited and therefore we can only help those most in need. We means test all applications and any help we give is always towards the best value solution to help you cope with your mobility needs.
Motability considers every enquiry and application for a Charitable Grant individually and takes into account a wide range of factors, including:
- Your disability or impairment and how it impacts your mobility.
- Your household circumstances.
- Any equipment you need to regularly travel with.
- Your financial means, for example; whether you are in receipt of a means tested benefit, if you receive income from paid employment and whether you have any savings or investments.
Select from the list below the kind of help you are looking for:
- Help with the cost of Advance Payments, WAVs and adaptations
- Help with the cost of driving lessons
- Help with the cost of a Drive-from-Wheelchair vehicle
- Help for War Pensioners and Ex-invalid Vehicle Service Holders (IVS)
FH4 Help for War Pensioners and Ex-invalid Vehicle Service Holders (IVS)
If you receive the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement and lease a Motability car, you may be eligible for help from Veterans UK, based on your medical records. If you need a vehicle or adaptations costing more than the standard grants they offer, and you are unable to meet the cost yourself, then you can apply to Motability for help, take a look at the page How to apply for a Charitable Grant .
Are you already a Motability Scheme customer?
If you already have a Scheme vehicle that meets your needs, we will discuss with you the possibility of keeping your vehicle by extending the length of your current lease.
With a lease extension you will continue to enjoy the Scheme with insurance, roadside recovery, service, maintenance, repairs, and a Good Condition Bonus (subject to conditions). This also helps us conserve our limited funds as we will only provide Charitable Grants for vehicles that need replacing.
If you are already a Scheme customer, please call 0300 456 4566* to discuss the possibility of a two-year lease extension. If a lease extension isn’t an option for you or you are not currently using the Motability Scheme, please take some time to read the page Do you need a Charitable Grant .
Motability can also help you if you previously drove a three-wheeled blue trike or other government vehicle. Call the Motability Scheme Customer Services on 0300 456 4566* to find out more information.
*Calls to 03 numbers are charged at national rates, and are usually included in call packages and inclusive minute plans. Please check with your telephone line provider or mobile network operator to confirm the call charges which may apply to you.