1. Can I apply for a Charitable Grant towards a vehicle big enough for my family and carer to travel with me?

    Print this page
    Print this page

    Motability, as a national charity, can provide charitable grants towards vehicles for disabled passengers or drivers, this includes help towards the cost of Advance Payments for Motability Scheme vehicles and/or driving adaptations. To ensure our funding is put to best use, Motability always look for cost-effective solutions to support your mobility.

    Motability will consider Charitable Grants for people who need to travel with you on a day-to-day basis, for example a paid carer. Motability will also consider immediate family who live in the same household, this means a spouse/ partner, parents, siblings or children up to the age of 16. Luggage and equipment for respite care can be taken into account, frequency and location dependent, providing the care is frequent and a considerable distance from home.

    Find out more information about Charitable Grants .

Back to FAQs