How do I apply for a Charitable Grant?
Motability provides Charitable Grants towards Advance Payments for Motability Scheme cars, Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAVs), driving lessons and or adaptations.
If you would like to apply for a Charitable Grant you can follow the steps below:
- Check to see if you can join the Motability Scheme by completing the online eligibility checker: Who can join?Opens in new window
- If you are eligible to join the Motability Scheme, take a look at the vehicles that are available: Vehicles on the SchemeOpens in new window
- If you have taken a look at vehicles available on the Motability Scheme and find that what you need is not affordable, please call the Motability Scheme's Customer Services Team on 0300 456 4566 to discuss your options. Alternatively, you can contact us using our online enquiry form: General enquiry
- Motability will talk with you about your personal circumstances and, if we think you may qualify for a Charitable Grant, we will send you an application form to complete
- Once you return your completed application form to us, along with any supporting documentation required, we will contact you within 48 hours to confirm receipt and talk to you about the next steps. You will be provided with a Case Manager who will look after your application throughout the process. The Case Manager will work with you to make sure we understand your situation and will deal with any concerns or queries you may have.
If you are an existing customer and would like to apply for a Charitable Grant, you can call the Customer Services Team on 0300 456 4560 to discuss your options.