This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience, by continuing to browse on the website you are agreeing to our cookie policy.

Alternatively, you can change your cookie settings.


Please let us know what you think of our website by completing our short survey (opens in a new window).

  1. What happens if I am awarded the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component (ERMC) of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)?

    Print this page
    Print this page

    The Motability Scheme works with Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in the same way as it does with Disability Living Allowance (DLA). The Motability Scheme enables disabled people to lease a new car, scooter or powered wheelchair. If you receive one of the following allowances, with at least 12 months remaining, you may be eligible to join the Motability Scheme:

    • Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of PIP
    • Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
    • War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
    • Armed Forces Independence Payment

    Find out more about the Motability Scheme .

Back to FAQs