This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience, by continuing to browse on the website you are agreeing to our cookie policy.

Alternatively, you can change your cookie settings.


Please let us know what you think of our website by completing our short survey (opens in a new window).

  1. Can any other allowance be used with the Motability Scheme?

    Print this page
    Print this page

    If you receive any of the following allowances and have at least 12 months award remaining, you can exchange all or part of the allowance to cover the cost of a Motability Scheme leasing agreement:

    • Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
    • Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
    • War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
    • Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP).

    Unfortunately, no other allowances can be used to join the Motability Scheme, under any circumstances.

    Find out more information About the Motability Scheme.

Back to FAQs