This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience, by continuing to browse on the website you are agreeing to our cookie policy.

Alternatively, you can change your cookie settings.


Please let us know what you think of our website by completing our short survey (opens in a new window).

  1. What happens if I am not awarded the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component (ERMC) of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)?

    Print this page
    Print this page

    If the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) decides you are not eligible for ERMC PIP, you will no longer be eligible to use the Motability Scheme. Unfortunately, vehicles are only leased through the Motability Scheme to people who receive one of the relevant mobility allowances.

    Please contact the Motability Scheme if you are no longer in receipt of an eligible allowance. 

    Find out about our PIP transitional support.

Back to FAQs