Do you need a Charitable Grant?
Take a look at the Motability Scheme's online Car Search as there may be an affordable option for you (there is also information about adaptations and adaptation prices, to help you to make the right choice):
There are three pricing options for you to consider:
- Around 150 cars cost less than your allowance to lease on the Scheme.The remainder of your allowance is paid directly to you by the Department for Work and Pension (DWP).
- There are a further 400 cars available to lease by exchanging all of your allowance.
- There are also cars available to lease by exchanging all of your allowance, plus a one-off Advance Payment.
What to consider
There are a few things to consider when choosing your vehicle:
- How you get into your car or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV), and whether you need any help to do so.
- Who travels with you? For example; young children, carers or an assistance dog.
- Equipment you need to take with you and how you load this, for example; a wheelchair, scooter, walker or crutches.
- Any changes in your disability that affects how you use a vehicle, for example; getting in and out, or the ease of driving.
You can also get advice at any of the Scheme’s 5,000 car dealerships.
or call Customer Services on 0300 456 4566. Calls to 03 numbers are charged at national rates, and are usually included in call packages and inclusive minute plans (please check with your telephone line provider or mobile network operator to confirm the call charges which may apply to you).
There are also 17 mobility assessment centres across the UK where you can seek further advice on what is available to meet your individual needs. To find your local centre, please call 0800 559 3636 or visit drivingmobility.org.uk (opens in new window)Opens in new window .
After doing your research, you may even find you don't need to apply for a Charitable Grant. However, if you do think you need our help, see Are you eligible for a Charitable Grant?