How We Can Help
Our Funding Programmes
Our vision is that no disabled person shall be disadvantaged due to poor access to transportation. To support our vision, our funding is currently focused on two areas:
1. Motability Scheme-related Grant Programmes
Find out more about our:
- Cars and Vehicle Adaptations Grant Programme
- Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAVs) Grant Programme
- Complex Driving Solutions Grant Programme
2. Access to Mobility Grant Programmes
Our Access to Mobility Grant Programmes categorise those programmes that may benefit disabled people who are outside of the Motability Scheme. Find out more about our:
- Driving Lessons Grant Programme
- Transitional Support Programme
- Additional Transitional Support Grant Programme
- Stopped Allowance Support Programme
Here is our Grant-Making Policy Will download a resource(PDF 643KB) .
Our Motability Scheme-related Grant Programmes provide financial support to disabled people who want to join the Motability Scheme but are unable to afford the cost of their Advance Payment and any adaptations needed.
Who we help
In his free time, Ben gives talks to members of a disabled user group. We helped Ben with a charitable grant so he could get a complex driving solution on the Motability Scheme.
"I cannot thank everyone enough for giving me my independence. Because of my condition I have a lot of pain in my hands. The driving adaptations take the pressure off my hands and makes driving so easy - it's a joy. I can drive myself anywhere and everywhere."